This project includes a whitepaper, code samples and a short webcast series to help Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) developers work with WCF services. Topics: proxies, shared libraries, exception handling, concurrency, multithreading, hosting services, and REST-based.
The latest release of the whitepaper and related code samples an be found here: Whitepaper and Sample Code
The following series of mini webcasts support the whitepaper. Some of the mini webcasts are introductory for those WPF developers new to WCF. Others focus on specific considerations and illustrates some of the points made in the whitepaper with useful demonstrations.
- Mini Webcast #1: WCF Services 101
- If you are new to WCF, this provides you with a crash course in creating and hosting WCF services
- Mini Webcast #2: Proxy Generation for WPF Developers
- Get some tips on proxy generation with Add Service Reference related to data binding, change notification and version tolerance.
- Mini Webcast #4: Proxy Lifetime Management
- Get tips on proxy lifetime management, exception handling scenarios, and safe proxy disposal.
- Mini Webcast #5: Proxies and Excepton Handling
- Learn how to use a custom exception handling WCF proxy to encapsulate lifetime management, exception handling for faulted channels and session timeouts, and proper disposal.
You can also go to the CodePlex release to download the mini webcasts in WMV format here: Mini webcasts in WMV formatContact Info
Please try to use the discussion board for this project for any project-related questions and feedback. If you have a question not project-related you can email me, Michele Leroux Bustamante, at email@example.comAcknowledgements
Many thanks to Pierre Huguet, my good friend and colleague in San Diego who put the WPF-ness into the UI for these samples!